Exhibitors please note: Detailed Rules & Regulations can be downloaded by clicking on the link at the end of the General Rules section below.
Pictures for the colouring competitions and poems for the handwriting competitions can be downloaded by clicking the links in the Classes 66,67,68,69 below.
Welcome to TEMPSFORD SHOW 2017
10.00am to 11.30am
Entries to be brought to the Hall
11.30am to 2.00pm
Hall closed for judging
Presentation of awards and cups, followed by a Charity Auction for Sue Ryder Hospice, Moggerhanger.
The Stuart Memorial Hall Grand Raffle draw.
to the Show in the afternoon £1.00 including Programme (children free)
“It’s Not The Winning It’s The Taking Part”
This year could be the 19th or 20th year that the villagers have organised their own show. No one really knows how long we have been organising it. So, for the sake of argument, let’s say it’s 19 years then next year we can really go to town. The Sue Ryder Charity ran the show many years ago and, bearing this in mind, and because they are a super charity, this year we will be donating the proceeds of the Auction to them. The core show will remain, as always, in the main hall with villagers, and others, entering into the various classes as per the schedule. Don’t be shy, do what I did in my first year, put something in and see what happens. I’ve still got the certificates, its great fun. We will also be filling the gardens with various craft stands, snacks (Knotts of Tempsford), a Pimms bar, stalls, plus of course our own tea-room which is always wonderful. There will be lots for the children to get involved in as well! In the car park we will have an exhibition of classic/vintage cars, tractors and an array of farming equipment. Let’s not forget we are a farming village. Please get into the spirit of it and come along whether you enter the competition or not, for a fun afternoon. WITHOUT YOU THERE IS NO SHOW. It’s all in aid of keeping our magnificent Village Hall up to spec and for a very worthy charity.
Geoff Phipps (Chairman) Sharon Clayton, Anne Francis, Doreen Harrison, Gloria Jones, James Maberly
GENERAL RULES AND FURTHER INFORMATION FOR EXHIBITORS
1. All exhibits must be grown by or crafted by the work exhibitor.
2. No exhibit should have been previously entered at this or any other similar Show.
3. The show committee will not be held responsible for any damage to, or loss of, any exhibit.
4. Exhibits must be free from insects or disease that may infect or damage other exhibits. All exhibits must be inspected during the exhibit registration process.
5. All exhibits must be in place in the hall by no later than 11.30am, and must remain on display until the sale commences.
6. Floral exhibitors must provide their own containers for exhibits (which can be filled with water at the hall).
7. Entry fees: Children’s Classes - free All other classes - 50p per entry
8. On payment of the entry fee, an identification slip for each exhibit will be given as a form of receipt. This will need to be completed with the exhibitor’s name and address (and age if a child), and put on the back or underside of the exhibit to which it relates, face down (Entries without this official slip will not be judged).
9. Exhibitors in Classes 1 to 49 will be asked, on submitting their exhibits, whether they are prepared to donate them to be sold in aid of Sue Ryder. Floral containers will need to be kept by the organisers until after the sale.
10. There will be no admission to the hall during the judging.
11. Prize money will be paid out from 4.30pm
12. Certificates will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each class.
13. Where there are fewer than 3 entries in a class, awards will be made at the Judge’s discretion.
14. The Judge’s decision will be final.
15. No exhibits to be removed before 5pm.
16. Prize money awarded: 1st £3 2nd £2 3rd £1
*NB.Exhibitors please note. Detailed exhibit rules can be downloaded by clicking here The rules will open on a separate page on your browser where you will be able to save them as a pdf file.
Alternatively, ask for a paper copy from Geoff Phipps (01767 641192)
Children’s Colouring and Handwriting classes
Copies of pictures to be coloured and poems to be copied can be downloaded by clicking on the appropriate item below. The pictures and poems will open on a separate page in your browser where you will be able to save them as a pdf file.
If you wish, hard copy can be obtained from Meryl Besant (01767 640873)
A Big Thank you to all the following in advance• Kier Group
• Those who are sponsoring Show Prizes or providing Raffle Prizes
• Knott’s Family Farm Shop
• Everyone who is offering to supply cakes for the Tea Room and Cake Stall
• Everyone who is kindly offering to help on the day.
Don’t forget you can have a table or stall of your own at the show. Price is £20, but you keep any profits you make. We usually have a very good crowd of people so this will be a good opportunity to sell your wares. To book a place please contact Geoff Phipps 01767 641192